Do you wake in the morning feeling tired and anxious?
Well if you do you are not alone.
We all know how stressful mornings can be.
In this blog post, I want to show you how EFT and Self Hypnosis can help you calm morning anxiety, leaving you feeling calm and relaxed and ready for the day ahead.
From the moment the alarm rings, a rush of responsibilities and thoughts can flood our minds, causing an unsettling wave of morning anxiety.
But what if I told you there are two easy techniques you could use each morning to release this stress?
Well, there are!
The emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a popular psychological acupressure technique that is effective in treating a variety of issues, including anxiety and tension. Combining EFT with the highly effective art of self-hypnosis is a surefire way to boost your mornings.
What is EFT?
EFT combines elements of traditional Chinese acupressure with modern psychology.
By tapping on specific points on the body, you can help to release blockages within your energy system.
These blockages are often the underlying causes of emotional and physical discomfort.
By clearing them, you create a domino effect that can calm morning anxiety and achieve a calmer day.
How Does EFT Calm Morning Anxiety?
- Emotional Reset: A calm morning begins with an emotional reset. The tapping sequence helps clear any emotional baggage that you might be carrying, allowing you to start your day with a clean slate.
- Physical Relaxation: EFT can induce a mini “relaxation response” which counteracts the adrenaline and cortisol generated due to stress, aiding in achieving a calm morning.
- Mental Clarity: Stress and anxiety often fog our thought processes. EFT can help restore mental clarity, which is essential for decision-making and problem-solving, especially in the morning.
The Importance of Consistency
Consistency is key when you want to calm morning anxiety.
Make EFT a part of your morning routine, and you’ll notice the accumulative benefits over time.
Practising EFT every morning helps condition your mind and body to enter a state of relaxation and calm more quickly.
EFT Exercise To Calm Morning Anxiety
- Identify the Issue: Start by recognising what’s causing your morning anxiety.
- Rate the Issue: On a scale of 1-10, how intense is your anxiety?
- Create an Affirmation: Develop a positive affirmation that addresses the issue. For example, “Even though I have this morning anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- The Tapping Sequence: Tap on each of the EFT points while repeating your affirmation.
- Reassess: Rate your anxiety levels again. If they have not dropped to a satisfactory level, repeat the sequence.
A Detailed Guide to the Tapping Sequence To Calm Morning Anxiety
Carrying out the EFT tapping sequence correctly is crucial to calm morning anxiety.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you understand how to carry out the EFT tapping sequence to calm morning anxiety.
1. The Tapping Points
The EFT tapping points are located along energy meridians on the face and upper body.
The key points are:
- Top of the Head: The crown of your skull.
- Eyebrow: Just above the inner corner of the eye.
- Side of the Eye: On the bone surrounding the outer corner of the eye.
- Under the Eye: About an inch below the eye, in line with the pupil.
- Under the Nose: Midway between the base of the nose and the upper lip.
- Chin: Midway between the bottom of the lower lip and the chin.
- Collarbone: The junction where the collarbone, breastbone, and first rib meet.
- Under the Arm: About a hand’s width from the armpit.
- Wrist: Inner side of the wrist joint.
2. The Sequence
- Start with the Setup: Begin by tapping the “karate chop” point located on the side of your hand, using the fingers of your other hand. As you tap, repeat your affirmation three times.
- Head to Toe: Move through the other points starting from the top of your head, and go downward in the sequence mentioned above. While tapping each point 5-7 times, repeat a simplified form of your affirmation (e.g., “This morning anxiety”).
- Wrist Point: After tapping the under-arm point, finish off by tapping the inner side of your wrist joint.
- Deep Breath: Take a deep breath and exhale, then reassess your level of anxiety.
Learn The EFT Tapping Points to Calm Morning Anxiety
Top Tips for an Effective Session
- Tap firmly but not hard enough to bruise or hurt yourself.
- You can tap either side of the body; energy meridians run on both.
- You can use all four fingers or just the first two (index and middle finger).
- Each new round of tapping can focus on a more specific issue for a more focused calm morning.
Integrating this tapping sequence into your morning routine can calm morning anxiety, setting you on the path to a calm day. With consistent practice, you’ll find yourself more in control of your emotional state, allowing for a smoother and more enjoyable start to your day.
When you calm morning anxiety you set the tone for the rest of the day.
If you’re someone who struggles with morning anxiety and tension, using EFT in your daily routine could be transformative.
Practising EFT every morning is a simple yet effective way to ensure a calm start to the day, alleviating the burdens of anxiety and stress that so many of us experience.
Take control of your mornings and, by extension, your life, by making EFT a part of your daily routine for a consistently calm morning.
So, there you have it: a complete guide to how EFT can help in achieving a calm morning, free from the clutches of anxiety and tension. Take the first step tomorrow morning, and who knows, you might just tap into a whole new level of calm and tranquillity.
Combining Self-Hypnosis and EFT To Calm Morning Anxiety
As you explore techniques to help manage morning anxiety, you may be interested to learn that combining Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) with self-hypnosis can result in an even more potent strategy for achieving a calm morning.
Self hypnosis is a guided relaxation technique that utilises intense concentration and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. When used in conjunction with EFT, the effects can be transformative.
You can learn how to carry out my 10 minute easy self hypnosis technique here or if you want a bit more guidance or looking for something more specific, you can browse from over 1250+ self hypnosis audio downloads here:
Why Combine the Two?
- Enhanced Emotional Release: Self hypnosis allows for a deeper emotional release, making your EFT sessions even more effective at tackling morning anxiety.
- Subconscious Conditioning: Both EFT and hypnosis are excellent tools for reconditioning the subconscious mind. The synergy of using them together amplifies this effect, leading to more calm mornings.
- Better Stress Management: Hypnosis aids in greater relaxation and provides additional stress management tools, creating a more comprehensive approach to a calm morning.
How to Combine Hypnosis and EFT
- Hypnosis First: Begin with a short self-hypnosis session to reach a relaxed state. This will make you more receptive to the EFT tapping sequence.
- Integrate Affirmations: During self-hypnosis, incorporate affirmations that align with the EFT sequence you plan to use. For example, “I am becoming more at ease with each passing second.”
- Proceed to EFT: After the self-hypnosis session, carry out your usual EFT routine, focusing on the specific points and affirmations you’ve prepared.
- Close with Hypnosis: End the session by returning to a relaxed hypnotic state to reinforce the positive changes.
Book Your Free Consultation Today
Combining EFT and hypnosis offers a holistic approach to anxiety and stress management. While each technique is powerful on its own, the blend of the two creates a harmonious and effective method for ensuring a calm morning, free from anxiety.
If you’re looking to take your journey towards a calm morning to the next level, book a free consultation to discuss your specific needs and how combining hypnosis with EFT could benefit you.
Don’t hesitate—take the first step towards mastering your mornings by booking your free consultation now.
By making the proactive choice to tackle your morning anxiety through this combined approach, you’re setting yourself up for success.
After all, a calm morning is the first step to a calm and fulfilling day.
Further reading: 10 Minute Morning Routine To Clear Your Mind