Have you ever wanted to learn self hypnosis but didn’t know how or thought it was too complicated?
My easy self hypnosis technique is quick and easy to learn.
You can carry out my 10-minute self hypnosis technique almost anywhere*.
Click here to download your free PDF of 101 autosuggestions to use with my 10 minute easy self hypnosis technique.
If you do it regularly, you will become more relaxed and develop a more balanced perspective.
The best part of my self hypnosis technique is it will help you achieve your goals and create the happiness you desire.
10 Minute Self Hypnosis Technique
Step 1: Get into position
Make yourself comfortable.
Sit with your hands and legs uncrossed and your head supported.
Gently close your eyes.
Step 2: Ratio breathing [2 minutes]
Take a deep breath in.
The aim is to breathe in for a shorter amount of time than you breathe out.
This method is known as the 3-5 ratio breathing exercise as you breathe in for 3 seconds and breathe out for 5 seconds.
You should breathe in the same volume of air as you breathe out, the only difference is the time it takes to breathe a given volume of air in and out.
As you inhale – slowly count 1, 2, 3
As you exhale – slowly count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Repeat 10 more times.
Step 3: Deep relaxation [3 minutes]
As you breathe gently, say the following statements to yourself.
After you say each statement, imagine those muscles becoming soft and deeply relaxed.
“All the muscles of my head and neck are soft and deeply relaxed”
“All the muscles of my shoulders, chest and arms are soft and deeply relaxed”
“All the muscles of my stomach and back are soft and deeply relaxed”
“All the muscles of my waist and bottom are soft and deeply relaxed”
“All the muscles of my legs and feet are soft and deeply relaxed”
Don’t worry if you don’t say the words exactly as they are written. It is the intention that is important not the words.
Step 4: Imagination [2 minutes]
Use your imagination to be in your favourite happy place.
As you start to deeply imagine your happy place, perhaps you might be able to:
- see your happy place or
- hear your happy place or
- smell your happy place or
- touch or feel your happy place.
Focus your attention on any one part of your happy place.
Hold your attention there for two minutes.
Step 5: Positive autosuggestion [3 minutes]
Here are a couple of ways to offer your unconscious mind positive suggestions.
The first method is to say the simple autosuggestion developed by French Psychologist Emile Coue:
Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better
Repeat this sentence for three minutes, contemplating on these words and what they mean to you as you say them.
The second method is to say to any positive suggestions that can help you achieve your goal.
“I am confident and relaxed when I talk in public.”
“I only desire and eat healthy and nutritious food.”
“I will exercise for 30 minutes every day.”
“I will achieve my ideal weight of _____ stone”
Repeat any positive suggestion for three minutes.
Step 6: Finish
Slowing count up from 1 to 5.
Open your eyes and say to yourself three times:
“I am fully alert and completely out of hypnosis.”
Download my Free PDF of 101 Autosuggestions to use with my 10-minute easy self hypnosis technique – completely free! Just enter your name and email and I will email you a copy!
Please consent to receive emails.
Your privacy is important to me. I will never share your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.
I use Mailchimp as my marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices.
Practice makes perfect
Well done you have now completed your 10-minute self-hypnosis exercise!
To achieve maximum results you should complete self-hypnosis every day for one month.
The best times are first thing in the morning or last thing at night, but you might find a better time.
Some people like to listen to relaxing music while they do self-hypnosis.
One of my favourites is the Lark Ascending by Vaughan Williams.
I hope you found my 10-minute quick and easy self hypnosis exercise useful and it helps you achieve your goals.
I would love to know how you found this self-hypnosis technique so please get in touch.
- You must only carry out this self hypnosis technique in a safe place.
- Do not carry out this self hypnosis technique if you have a personality disorder.
- Do not carry out this self hypnosis technique if you are epileptic, are taking any prescription medicines or are under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
- This information is intended for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. While self-hypnosis can be a useful tool for relaxation and self-improvement, it may not be suitable for everyone. If you have a medical condition, are taking medication, or are experiencing severe psychological distress, it is strongly recommended that you consult a qualified healthcare professional before attempting self-hypnosis.
- Goldcrest Hypnotherapy cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the application of the techniques demonstrated. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.