Is Premature ejaculation stopping you from enjoying your sex life?
Is sex more anxious than fun?
Well, if that’s the case, then this article will explain how hypnosis can stop premature ejaculation so you can enjoy a more satisfying sex life.
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a sexual health issue that affects about 35% of men around the world.
While various treatments such as medication, exercises, and counselling have been used to tackle this condition, hypnosis is an effective treatment that deserves more attention.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation occurs when you ejaculate sooner than you or your partner would like during sexual intercourse.
Approximately 35% of men worldwide will suffer from PE at some point in their lives.
It can result in stress, diminished self-confidence, and relationship strain, creating a cycle of anxiety and sexual dysfunction.
Traditional Approaches to Stop Premature Ejaculation
Typical treatments for premature ejaculation often include topical anaesthetics, anti-depressants, and behavioural techniques like the ‘stop-start’ method.
While these can be effective in some cases, they also come with their own set of drawbacks such as potential side-effects and temporary relief.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Hypnotherapy can help you if you suffer from any of these common psychological causes of premature ejaculation such as:
- relationship problems
- sexual performance anxiety
It is possible for early sexual experiences to affect current sexual behaviour.
For example, if you ejaculated quickly to avoid being caught masturbating, you may have developed an unconscious habit of ejaculating too quickly.
Sometimes premature ejaculation is caused by more complex issues such as:
- traumatic sexual experiences
- strict childhood upbringing
- biological reasons
Unconscious Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation often comes from the unconscious mind, and therefore it is difficult to resolve consciously.
If you attempt to stop premature ejaculation yourself, you tend to do so consciously.
The unconscious mind is the part of your mind that is not immediately accessible to your conscious awareness.
It is responsible for many automatic functions in our body, such as breathing, digestion, and heart rate.
It also plays a significant role in our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, including sexual function.
The unconscious mind can affect premature ejaculation in the following ways:
- Emotional state: Your emotional state can have a significant impact on your sexual function, including premature ejaculation. Negative emotions such as anxiety, stress, and fear can increase the likelihood of premature ejaculation. These emotions can be generated by unconscious beliefs and attitudes towards sex, performance anxiety, or unresolved emotional issues from the past.
- Conditioning: The unconscious mind can be conditioned to respond to certain stimuli in a particular way. For example, if you experienced premature ejaculation during sexual activity in the past, the unconscious mind may associate sexual activity with anxiety and fear, leading to a higher likelihood of premature ejaculation in the future.
- Negative self-talk: Negative self-talk can also contribute to premature ejaculation. Unconscious negative beliefs and attitudes towards sex and sexual performance can lead to self-doubt and anxiety, increasing the likelihood of premature ejaculation during sexual activity.
- Trauma: Unresolved trauma or emotional issues from the past can also contribute to premature ejaculation. Trauma can lead to anxiety, stress, and negative beliefs and attitudes towards sex, leading to premature ejaculation.
- Body awareness: Unconscious tension or hyper-awareness of the body can also contribute to premature ejaculation. The unconscious mind can create a heightened sense of awareness of the body during sexual activity, leading to a hypersensitivity of the penis and a higher likelihood of premature ejaculation.
When you suffer from premature ejaculation, sex can become highly stressful.
No matter how understanding your partner may be, not being able to pleasure them sexually is awful.
About 30%-40% of men suffer from premature ejaculation and the causes can be psychological, physical or chemical.
7 Ways Hypnosis Can Stop Premature Ejaculation
Hypnosis is a state of focused attention, heightened suggestibility, and deep relaxation.
During hypnosis, suggestions are offered that help in establishing control over involuntary actions—like ejaculation.
Here, the keyword is ‘control.’
By achieving control over your mental state, it’s possible to stop premature ejaculation.
Hypnosis can help you stop premature ejaculation by:
- dealing with underlying psychological factors: Premature ejaculation can be caused by a variety of psychological factors, such as anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, and sexual performance anxiety. Hypnosis can help you identify and address these underlying psychological factors, reducing the likelihood of premature ejaculation during sexual activity.
- improving self-confidence and self-esteem: Low self-confidence and self-esteem can lead to premature ejaculation, as you may feel inadequate or anxious during sexual activity. Hypnosis can help you improve your self-confidence and self-esteem, reducing the anxiety and stress associated with sexual activity.
- enhancing relaxation and reducing stress: Hypnosis is a relaxation technique that can help you reduce your stress and anxiety, leading to improved sexual function. By inducing a state of deep relaxation, hypnosis can help you control your emotions and reduce the likelihood of premature ejaculation.
- increasing focus and concentration: Premature ejaculation can also be caused by a lack of focus and concentration during sexual activity. Hypnosis can help you improve your focus and concentration, leading to increased control over ejaculation and improved sexual function.
- rewiring negative thought patterns: Negative thought patterns, such as fear of failure or performance anxiety, can contribute to premature ejaculation. Hypnosis can help you rewire negative thought patterns, replacing them with positive, empowering beliefs and attitudes towards sex.
- creating positive sexual experiences: Hypnosis can help you create positive sexual experiences by visualising yourself performing well during sexual activity. By visualising positive outcomes, you can improve your sexual confidence and reduce anxiety and stress, leading to improved sexual function.
- improving physical factors: In some cases, premature ejaculation may be caused by physical factors, such as hypersensitivity of the penis. Hypnosis can help you address this physical factor, and reduce the likelihood of premature ejaculation during sexual activity.
The Science Behind Hypnosis for Premature Ejaculation
A number of studies have shown that hypnosis is an effective way to stop premature ejaculation:
- A study published in the ‘American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis‘ showed that psychological factors often play a significant role in premature ejaculation.
Hypnosis, being a psychological intervention, offers a direct pathway to address these underlying issues.
- Research in the ‘American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis‘ emphasises the power of suggestibility in modifying behaviour. The same principle can be applied to stop premature ejaculation by altering mental frameworks.
- A review in ‘Hypnotic Interventions in the Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction‘ suggests that the effects of hypnotherapy can be long-lasting, as compared to the temporary relief provided by medication.
Ready To Book a Free Consultation?
If you are ready to explore the benefits of hypnotherapy, booking a free consultation offers you a no-obligation opportunity to explore if hypnosis can stop premature ejaculation.
It’s a chance to ask questions, set expectations, and get a feel for the therapeutic process.
Please get in touch to book a free consultation for a more bespoke treatment plan if your causes are more complex.
Remember you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
While hypnotherapy is a valuable approach, it’s essential to consult with healthcare providers for an accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plan.
By exploring the psychological roots of the problem, hypnosis offers a unique and effective avenue to stop premature ejaculation. Its science-backed approach offers hope if you are searching for a lasting solution.