A campaign called Mountains For Minds encourages people to enjoy the mental health benefits of mountain and hill walking. The Mental Health Charity, Mind, states that 25% of people in Britain experience mental health problems each year, but spending time outdoors can reduce the risk of depression by 30%.
Not only do I encourage you to get out more and immerse yourself in nature, but I practice what I preach!
I love nothing more than getting out into the mountains, whether that be the Lake District, the Peak District or the Brecon Beacons, and absorbing the positive energy that nature unconditionally provides all of us.
I’ve put together this blog/vlog of my hiking and wild camping adventures to hopefully inspire you to follow in my footsteps. You don’t need to go to the mountains to enjoy the physical and mental benefits of being outside, a walk around your local park or stroll through the woods is just as rewarding.
So what are you waiting for?
Go on….. I guarantee you will feel better after getting outside in nature.
I’d love to hear your stories so please feel free to leave a comment below.
- Lake District Wild Camping Video – Hike To Fight Alzheimer’s
It was late September when I set off on a 3 day Hike to Fight Alzheimer’s and two night Lake District wild camping adventure in the mountains around Buttermere in … Read More
- Kentmere Horseshoe Wild Camp – Lake District Video – Mountains for Minds
In June 2021, I completed part of the Kentmere Horseshoe and collected 8 Wainwrights: Yoke, Ill Bell, Froswick, Thornthwaite Crag, Mardale Ill Bell, Harter Fell, Kentmere Pike, Shipman Knotts. Reading … Read More
- Winlatter Fells Wild Camp – Lake District Video – Mountains for Minds
The weather was perfect for a 14 mile hike through the beautiful Whinlatter Fells in the North-Western region of the Lake District. The hike started and finished in the Whinlatter … Read More
- Seat Sandal Wild Camp, Lake District Video – Mountains for Minds
After Wild Camping on Helvellyn, I start Day 2 and leave Helvellyn to hike to Nethermost Pike (22), then Dollywaggon Pike (23) and finally arrive at Seat Sandal (24), where … Read More
- Walks in Westerham Kent – Woodland Walk – Video
On a spring day in 2022, I went on one of my favourite woodland walks in Westerham Kent through the countryside and woodlands passing Chartwell House, the home of Sir … Read More
- Why is Hiking Good For Your Mental Health – Video
It was a cold January Sunday morning when I decided to go on a 6-mile hike through the Kent countryside. There had been a lot of rain and many of … Read More
- Everest Anywhere Challenge Finished!! – Video
It was New Year’s Eve 2022, when I set off to finish the Everest Anywhere Challenge. I had only 5% left and today was the last day of the year … Read More
- Great End Wild Camp Video, Lake District – Mountains for Minds
It was mid-September 2021 when I set off to collect 4 more Wainwright’s from Seathwaite Farm. I crossed Stockley Bridge before heading up Wainwright’s route B up to Seathwaite Fell … Read More
- Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh Scotland Hike Video – Mountains for Minds
In August 2021, I hiked to the top of Arthurs Seat, which is a hill in Edinburgh Scotland on my way to hike to the top of Ben Nevis. Arthur’s … Read More
- Ben Nevis Hike Video, Scotland- Mountains for Minds
It was an August summer’s day in 2021, when I hiked 5 miles to the top of Ben Nevis in Scotland. This was the first summit of the 3 UK Highest Peaks that I want to collect. The other two are Mount Snowdon (Wales) and Scarfell Pike (England).
- Mount Snowdon Hike – Rhyd Ddu Path – Wales – Video
It was a cool August summer day in 2022, when hiked along the Mount Snowdon Rhyd Ddu Path to the top of Mount Snowdon. I parked in the Rhyd Ddu … Read More
- Low Fell Wild Camp – Lake District Video – Mountains for Minds
In October 2021, I set off from the village of Thackthwaite in the Lake District to bag two more Wainwrights : 29 Fellbarrow and 30 Low Fell. I wild camped … Read More
- Beautiful Langdale Pikes
I never get tired of looking at the Langdale Pikes in the Lake District. The view doesn’t get much better than this. It is a place where I find inner … Read More
- Kinder Scout Wild Camping – Peak District Video
It was a winter’s day in January 2022 when I set off from the village of Edale in the Peak District and hiked up Ringing Roger for a spot of … Read More
- Kinder Scout From Edale – Snowy Hike – Peak District – Video
It was a cold day during Easter when I set off to hike up to Kinder Scout from Edale in the Peak District to hike 10 miles over Kinder Scout, … Read More
- B29 Bomber Crash Site – Peak District Wild Camp – Video
It was late November 2022 when I hiked up to the B29 Bomber Crash Site in the Peak District. The plan was to wild camp close by near Higher Shelf … Read More
- Red Pike Wild Camp – Heavy Rain & 40+ mph wind – Lake District – Video
It was early summer in 2022 when I set off from Buttermere in the Lake District, England, to collect three more Wainwright’s: Great Borne, Starling Dodd and Red Pike and … Read More
- How to achieve the right balance in life
- Pen y Fan Wild Camp – Wales – Video
It was a cold Spring day when I set off on a 12 mile hike in the Brecon Beacons.My hike took me past Fan y Big, Cribyn, Pen y Fan … Read More
- Seal Stones – Peak District – Wild Camp – Video
Join me, the Wild Hypnotist, on a breathtaking wild camp as I explore Seal Stones Peak District in the heart of the Dark Peak area. In this YouTube video, I … Read More
- Scafell Pike Hike – Lake District – Video
It was a cold Easter day when I set off on a 8-mile hike up to the tallest mountain in England.My hike took me past the Lingmell Wainwright at 807m … Read More
- Helvellyn Summit Wild Camp – Lake District Video – Mountains for Minds
I started a two day wild camp in the Lake District by hiking to Helvellyn, which is England’s 3rd highest mountain (950m / 3117ft). It was a wonderful summer’s day … Read More